Thursday, July 30, 2009

The big post

I went to the Robbin's house at 9:30 and Jordan's flight was supposed to get in at 10:10. We got to the airport at 10 so we ran in and we had our signs unrolled and ready! We waited until 10:15 when Jordan's dad checked the flight schedules and saw that his plane was delayed until 11:40. haha. So Jordan's family left and went to the grocery store to get some things Jordan mentioned he wanted and took the groceries home. I was in his aunt's car with she and some kids and his grandparents so we just went to Target to get a drink (by the way his parents and aunt do not drink caffeine and really don't like soda too much in general, so I chickened out on Diet Dr Pepper and went with bottled water). So we went back and got there a little after 11 and were just hanging out. His aunt, Wendy, and I were cracking jokes and messing around. I was nervous, but mostly excited! Then they announced his flight had arrived and his family still wasn't there!

We saw him and he waved and started to come down the escalator and was kind of looking around for his parents and siblings. Wendy and I were cracking up that his family missed it, but they came running in a few seconds later before he even got off the escalator. Very funny. He gave everyone else big hugs and we were joking about the hand shake. We had to repeat it three times for everyone to get their picture! He was talking to everyone and it was seriously just normal!

We went to In n Out right after and I felt bad for him because everyone was hounding him with lots of dumb questions like who has changed the most and stuff. He was a good sport though. He would be talking to someone and he would look at me and just smile or wink...I kind of melted! After that, he was released at the stake president's office and we were all just kind of hanging out as we were leaving and he said, "Do you want a hug?" and opened his arms. I got a great big hug! His mom made us hug again...for a picture! haha. All day we would walk too close by my so he would brush my arm or something. And he kept giving me cute little hugs.

His parents did not tell him that his house was burnt and they are moving so they drove by his old house and to his new one. He was so confused. I felt pretty badly for him! He kept telling me the moving was not on the original plans for the first week and stuff. Tonight he was looking for pants so he could change. He literally has no pants or shorts. They must have burned. He was pretty stressed out at the end of the day. But his brothers and some friends were going to play basketball and then football. He is already so tired and had been up for 30 hours when he first got home at 11! Jordan asked if I want to go watch football later because a whole group goes, so I think I will.

It was seriously so much better than I ever imagined. It is like I dropped him off at the airport yesterday and picked him up today...with a funny accent! It’s just like when he left…except more exciting! It is so good to be with him! It is amazing! I'm kind of floating. Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment